AIU Admission (Cancellation & Refund) Amendment Regulation 2021
(Revised to be effective from 2021-2022)
Asian International University will consider any request for cancellation of admission/ withdrawal from studies if such request is made in accordance with the prescribed Regulations. The Regulations will include procedure for cancellation/ withdrawal as well as the rules for refund.
- This Regulation will form part of Admission Regulations of the University and lays down the procedure for cancellation of admission and for refund of fees paid.
- Any student admitted to any of the Courses offered by the University may apply for cancellation of his/her admission and/or for withdrawal from studies at any time during the academic year of admission or later.
- Application form for Cancellation/Withdrawal must be made in the prescribed form duly signed by the student and the parent.
- Application for cancellation of admission/withdrawal may be made either by presenting an application in person by the student or his/her authorised representative or by applying online in the University Website. No other mode of application shall be acceptable. If the application is made online, personal appearance of the student or his/her authorised representative along with the specified documents within seven (7) working days from the date of ‘online application’ is mandatory for processing the request as on the date of application. If personal appearance is delayed the cancellation request will be processed as on the date of such appearance is delayed the cancellation request will be processed as on the date of such appearance and the refund eligibility will be determined accordingly.
- Refunds may be considered only in respect of Academic Course Fee. No refund shall be allowed in respect of Application Fee and Admission Registration Fee.
- AIU in view of its strict Attendance Regulation does not normally admit any student to any course after the notified last date of admission or after commencement of classes and hence the seats of cancelled admission shall remain unfilled at all times thereafter.
- Admissions to all courses will officially close 15 days prior to the commencement of classes and the said date of closure of admission shall be the notified date forming the basis for considering the amount of refund.
- If a student after joining for the Course leaves it in mid-session, the entire fees collected shall be forfeited.
- The University collects Fees in advance for every year and term ‘Last date for Admission’ with reference to continuing students shall be the last date for issue of Hall Ticket for the End Semester Examination of the Even Semesters as may be applicable.
- Students seeking cancellation of admission shall be eligible for refund of Academic Fee at the specified rates as detailed in the table herein below which are based on the date of submission of application for cancellation with reference to the notified last date of admission.
- Refund of Academic Course Fee with reference to ‘Last date for Admission’ (as per the announced dates for different Courses) shall be as under:
Application 15 days or more Prior to Less than 15 days Prior to 15 days or less after 30 days or less but more than 15 days after Beyond 30 days after Deduction Lower of Rs 5000 OR 5% of Course fee 10% of Course fees 20% of Course fee 50% of Course fee 100% of Course fee Refund 100% 90% 80% 50% 00%
- Refund of Hostel Fee ( after adjusting dues for days of actual stay) if any may be permitted subject to a minimum additional deduction of monthly rental and mess fee for three months. However no refund shall be made if the withdrawal is after 30 days of commencement of classes.
- During this current COVID-19 pandemic, AIU has extended its support to candidates by allowing the application of refund through online mode. Candidates requesting for a refund, need to apply using their registered email Id at firstname.lastname@example.org. The date of receiving the email will be considered as the date of application for refund.
- Any amount, if refunded. Will be in Indian Currency Only. For International Applicants, the refund against application received as per prescribed guidances will also be in INR only with conversion rate as per actual subject to max 72.73* for 1 USD.
- In case, the applicant has availed any letter or document from University for processing the loan then the refund will be made through the account payee cheque in the favour of the sanctioning bank, unless the applicant submit the NOC from the Bank to get the refund in his/her own/parent/guardian favour.
- Refund will be calculated on annual full fee (without scholarship) for academic session.
- Reason/ s for cancellation of admission/ withdrawal will never be a factor of consideration for determining the amount of refund through the Vice Chancellor may at his discretion approve refund for higher amounts depending on circumstances leading to such cancellation/ withdrawal.
- If an applicant is admitted provisionally but later on does not satisfy the eligibility criteria such an applicant will not be given any relaxation in refund.
- Any Court Proceeding relating to Refund of Fee irrespective of the domicile of the student shall be only in the City of Imphal.